Yesterday I did a post asking what everyone was making for dinner, since lately I have been rather bored with my menu.
Today I thought I would share a recipe I found over the holidays. It's a classic recipe, but a little different from the original.
1 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli, trimmed or 2 (10 oz) packages broccoli **I used the steamers kinds in the frozen food section**
1 (10 1/2 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
4-6 oz onions, minced
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1-2 cups croutons (I prefer the Galic and Cheese flavored)
1. Cook broccoli until tender but not overcooked; drain well (this is where I love the steamer bags, they come out perfect every time and no draining needed ☺)
2. Place cooked broccoli into a pre-sprayed casserole dish.
3. Mix cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion and 1 cup of shredded cheese together in seperate dish.
4. Pour over the broccoli in the casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle desired amount of croutons over the top.
6. Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
**You may substitute cauliflower for broccoli or add Turkey, Chicken or Ham to make it a complete meal**
This dish was awesome. I made it for a pot luck dinner and everyone loved it.
I think I might do a post like this every Tuesday or Wednesday. What do you think?