1. Tell how you did at keeping up with your 3 things last week.
2. Get on the scale to get a starting weight.
3. Set some goals.
Here were my goals from last week and how I am doing:
1. Drink more water--- Well I am trying, not quite there yet. I have been carrying it with me in the car instead of a coke.
2. More outdoor activities --- If you read this post, I just wanted some flowers, you would know there should be a big ole check mark next to this.
3. “Just Say No To Chocolate”--- For the most part I have been very good at my one piece a day rule.
Weight: The only reason I know is because the doctor put me on the scale last week. I try to avoid scales at all cost.
I weigh 130
I know some of you are throwing rocks at my blog.
Stop it I can see you.
Hear me out….I am a flabby 130, especially where the bun was in the oven several years ago. I still look like Freddie Crugar got a hold of my stomach from all the stretch marks.
It is my squishy friend that I would like to unfriend.
Goal: I really just want liposuction/tummy tuck to tone it, but I don’t really know how to go about getting flat abs again. I even bought an ab lounge that is collecting dust in my garage…So if anyone has some great tips I am all ears.
So there ya go, Pop over to ShortMama's @ Family of Shorts if you want to join in.
This past Friday I was looking out in our front yard and there was just too much green, it needed some color I told hubby why don’t we put the fountain in the backyard
so it can be hooked up to actual electricity and run then maybe it won't turn into a green mess every 3 days and put a tree in where it is and put some flowers around it.
He said, “okay”..with a look on his face like he was not thrilled.
I made arrangements for my son to go to my sisters since he hates going to the home improvement stores and we were ready to go…..
He said, “Well go get some paper and a pencil we need to figure out how to arrange the tree rings and how many more we will need.”
“Wait What….I just want flowers and a tree, why do we need a plan”
So after we sat there for another 20 minutes looking at the yard and then at the bricks (tree rings) we were ready to go. We get to the store and got all the flowers, dirt, rocks and the tree….
after getting everything they did not have the bricks we needed…errrrrrrrr…
After going to 2 more stores we found the bricks @ none other then Wally World, which you know just made my day since I loathe love that place.
When we finally got home and had everything out of the car we proceeded to spend the next 3 hours trying to figure what pattern will work in the yard…After the 2nd hour the bricks were starting to look like weapons
…I was beyond over this project. Finally when it was dark we figured out the pattern and dug out all the old grass til 10:30 p.m. so that the next day we would be ready to finish.
Saturday….. Hubby laying the stones and making sure they are level (I am serious he had a level)
That red chair would be my station during this section of the project, because I would have just slapped them in….no level needed
Yay the Flowers are finally going in
It took all day Saturday and a little bit of Sunday since we needed more rock, but I love it and even though I complained a lot a little I love it.
2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)
Good question, why is it called “Fast Food” when it is not fast???? I think the last thing I had was a coke and a Quarter Pounder w/cheese.
Now I’m hungry…..
3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)
Boston Terrier of course
But Bulldogs are a close second.
4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
Hawaii, because who wouldn’t want to live here:
5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I don’t think I would change anything
6. Who's the funniest person you know?
That is a hard one to answer, I have so many funny friends and family members….
But I must say hands down it has to be my Cousin John, because he cracks me up.
Love you John ☺
7. Did you get enough sleep last night?
Yes Ma'am I did, I actually went to bed at 9 and woke-up at 9. Slept like…well….Ginger
8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?
Shortmama is hosting a new Meme in the pursuit of helping us get off our lazy tooshes and make some changes.
Here was the assignment for the week:
Pick 3 small things that you could change that would start your weight loss. Emphasis on the small things. We all know that ultimately the weigh to lose weight and keep it off it is a complete lifestyle change that is necessary.
1. I am starting to drink more water...like Short Mama I live in a hot climate and we can use all the hydration we can get.
2. I have started to do more outdoor activities (swimming, weeding, yard work) instead of just my treadmill, which should help in my quest to get rid of the muffin toppish look I got going on now.
3. I am limiting myself to one piece of chocolate a day from today on....the Easter candy keeps calling my name and I have to "Just Say No"
So there ya go, that's my three changes. Pop over to ShortMama's @ Family of Shorts if you want to join in.
I think dreams are sometimes a glimpse into our future
or help us deal with our past.
I dream a lot about friends and family from my past, some that have past on and some I just have not seen in a while.
I also have dreams of my Angel babies, but I mainly dreamed of them after my miscarriages/fetal death.
But last night was one of the best and the worst dreams I have had of them in a long time.
I dreamed that I had a baby girl who looked just like my son and we named her Emma Faith, which is what I wanted to name our last angel baby if it was a girl…Can you imagine, I can:
I had just had her and all my family was here and she was just the prettiest happiest baby ever.
When I woke-up this morning it was bitter sweet. I felt like I got to see a glimpse of what one of my Angel babies looked like and that was amazing.
But all day I have felt a little empty inside because it was so real and yet it is not real.
I know all things happens for a reason, but today I can't find that reason.
Two friends, one close friends of my family and the other a friend from high school have lost little ones in the past two weeks and it just breaks my heart that they have to endure this loss. I never got to hold any of my angel babies and it was awful to have to go thru that pain. I can't imagine having held them and then had to loose them. Please pray for these two families.
I don’t usually talk about this on my blog except for here:
But I just felt the need to have this down on "paper" so I will always remember "The Dream".