Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
with MommyBrain and SupahMommy
Thursday, March 25, 2010
I am Thankful:
*That I did not loose my cool yesterday in front of all of Tarjay ☺.
Knowing me I would have known 2 people in the whole store and they would have been in ear shot..that would have been embarrassing. Love you Sanity.I need this shirt
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
This is a rant, so don’t say I did not warn you
I went to Tarjay otherwise known as
my favorite store Target this afternoon with my son. He had some allowance money he wanted to spend so we went to the toy section naturally.
He wanted a Nerf gun and when we got to that section they were on sale for $18.99 except for this one section, which were the high falutin ones which were like $34.99 or something. So we spent 20 minutes pondering over which $18.99 gun he was going to get, since he only had $20 and some change.
He finally found one and I made sure before I left the department that we had picked the right one and it matched the sign under it. So we went about our shopping and finally made it to the register.
dadadadum..I should have known by the look on her face that I needed to change registers...but I am idiot that way...
Well I separated our stuff so the check out lady would know that he was paying for it and I gave him his wallet. The Nerf gun rang up $27 and some change, I was like (in my head not aloud) okay none and I repeat none of the signs under any of the nerf guns were that price.
So I said very politely
"that was advertised for $18.99."
Well I must have just royally irritated her because this is the look she gave me
and was like “No we have had this problem all day and it is only specific Nerf guns that are on sale”
to which I said “I am well aware of that because I just spent 20 minutes in the toy department trying to decipher this and I made sure the sign and this particular one matched.” (all the time thinking if they have had this problem all day wouldn’t you think someone would go change the sign and make sure the right toys are with the right sign)
then she said “I will change the price, but I know I am right”…..
Hello what did she just say
okay first of all I used to work at Wowmart back in the day…I know I can’t believe it either…anywho, when you are a check out person it is like common knowledge and taught in all the PR classes you have to take to be a check out lady…yes you read that right you have to take classes and watch videos…
My point : The Customer Is Always Right is like drilled into your head and if there is ever a discrepancy in price you always say politely that you will get a manager to go check the price and never argue with a customer in front of their children or other customers…….That is for the manager to do.
I was livid, but I kept my cool and let her check him out and then check my stuff out and then I said “You really need to get a manager to go check out the Nurf Gun department if you don’t want to deal with this for the rest of your day” with my best I'm trying to be polite, but would really love to chew you out voice.
She said “Well this is not the only product we are having a problem with” Something about New Moon and $5 rebate…
seriously fix the problem then…
then she says “You would not believe how people move stuff around back there and put it in the wrong section and the prices are wrong when they get up here and then at the end of the day we have to clean it up and put everything back.”
To which I responded with a smile “Actually I would because I worked at Wal-Mart”
She then gave me a really big
I really don't like you smile and looked at my son and said
"I hope you enjoy that Nerf Gun and you don't have any problems with it." Like we would not be able to return it if we did..
OH MY GOODNESS who peed in this woman's cornflakes this morning.
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..I really did not want to end my day like this
I wanted to march over to the customer service desk and talk to a manager to get it fixed, but I was to irritated by this point, but I did do there survey and let them know how I felt.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Happy Blogiversary to you, Happy Blogiversary to you, Happy Blogiversary dear H-Mama, Happy Blogiversary to youuuuuuuuuuuu
H-Mama at Family Team is hosting a Giveaway for her blogs 1 year anniversary so go check it out .
Hmmmm did I miss my blogiversary????
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Robin at My Pursuit of... is hosting a Giveaway.
Here are the items up for grabs:
and a $25 Trader Joes Gift Card or if you don’t have a Trader Joes in your area a Starbucks Gift Card.
Pop on over and enter.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
If not, you better print this baby out and slap it on ya
1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
2, I am just not that superstitious
Drawing a complete blank.
Oh wait I know, me and my friend Becky had the task of making a poster for one of the teachers at my sons school and we totally rocked it.
I am sure there are other things that I have conquered, but I can’t think of any.
3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
9ish, when Bub is off to school.
4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?
Funny story, several years ago me and my husband forgot to set our clocks back and we showed up for church an hour early and could not figure out why no one was there. We thought church had been cancelled and no one gave us the 411, so we went home and called the church and felt like total morons when they told us to set our clocks back.
5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?
Spring Break, I can’t wait to sleep in and have a whole week to do whatever.
And I can’t wait for Red to start blooming…I love the colors of spring.
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
I either wear a green shirt or a button so no one feels the need to pinch me.
7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
I used to be able to sew when I was in 4-H, but now I have become sewing stupid with age and I mess it up every time.
8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?
Lion, definitely. I had a base tan this time last year, but since the arctic blast decided to hit Florida this year I am white as a ghost.
9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
Relax and enjoy the day for that hour
It seems like all my days are a blur of errands, volunteering, laundry, dishes, try to cram a workout in then on to homework, soccer and sleep… I kinda feel like that movie Ground Hogs Day where my day just keeps repeating itself.
10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
My dream pot of gold would be a whole house remodel
If I ever see this guy
or this guy
From the DIY network at Home Depot or Lowes I am going to follow them until they come home with me
11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
A picture I have in my front room that says He is Risen From the dead and behold he goeth before you
12. Just for a bit o' fun, clickhere (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!
Pinching Protection Card Compliments of: http://leehansen.blogspot.com/