Monday, February 8, 2010
I think I can, I think I can
Here are some questions my sis-n-law Patrice posted for us to answer:
1. Have you tried to read the entire Bible before? Why or why not?
Yes, I really would just like to know more of the stories in the Bible not just the ones we have known since childhood.
2. If you have tried to read the Bible in its entirety, what challenges did you face in fulfilling your desire? Where did you start? If you did not finish, how far did you get?
I have never completed reading the Bible because I am going to be honest I just get lazy and some of the books are just more interesting than the others. I always start at the beginning, which may be my problem since I have probably read Genesis a good 50 times in it entirety and yet I still find things I did not before….hmmmm…. I am not sure where I left off all umpteen times I have tried to read it in full.
3. What have you found to be difficult and what have you found to be rewarding in your attempts to read the Bible in 90 days?
I think it is difficult to retain as much when reading it so quickly.. I find myself going back and re-reading sections that I just read because I am completely lost. Hence the reason I am still only in the middle of Exodus . I will catch up though. The rewarding part is knowing I am not alone as the only person on the planet not to have read the bible from front to back and that I have support.
4. For those who may be struggling, what advice can you give to help encourage them to stick to the goal?
Try your best and if you fall behind don’t stress out, this is not a competition. Whether you finish in 90 days or 180 days we still love you and so does Jesus .
5. What excites you most about reading the entire Bible in 90 days?
That I will finally have read the Bible and I will have more knowledge of what God has laid out before us.
Here are the verses for the week if you want to join in:
Monday: Leviticus 1:1 through Leviticus 14:32
Tuesday: Leviticus 14:33 through Leviticus 26:26
Wednesday: Leviticus 26:27 through Numbers 8:14
Thursday: Numbers 8:15 through Numbers 21:7
Friday: Numbers 21:8 through 32:19
Saturday: Numbers 32:20 through Deuteronomy 7:26
Sunday: Deuteronomy 8:1 through Deuteronomy 23:11
Have a blessed Monday.
I AM THAT I AM.
Exodus, 3. 14
at 1:26 PM